Wednesday, August 18, 2004

InTrouble with InDesign

I've had to learn the graphic design & layout program Adobe InDesign all by my lonesome from scratch...no mean feat as it's a professional level piece of software from a different industry to mine.

Anyhow, I'm used to figuring things out for myself and so far have been able to produce a very complex publication for print. So far, so froody.

Unfortunately, with a deadline beginning to whoosh past, something is very, very wrong. Three of the eight chapters in the 'book' simply refuse to be converted to .pdf - crashing the program instead.

Not a happy Monica, as you can imagine.

I need to get them to my printing company sharpish...and barring redoing the entire design of those chapters (yep, I'm at that point of troubleshooting) I'm at a complete loss.

Question: Has anyone had these kinds of issues with InDesign? ...specifically with preflight checks drawing attention to duplicate spot colours and images using RGB colour space? Anyone?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll just go back to banging my head against a wall ever so softly.

M

Please only use comment system below

|

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com